We were more than stoked to borrow the Edmonton Prospects’ home turf to hold another Trucks in the Outfield event at the Edmonton Ballpark on Saturday!
Continue reading “Recap: What the Truck?! at Edmonton Ballpark August 20, 2016”
We’re just days away from our second event at the Edmonton Ballpark, and we could not be more excited to step up to the plate with you on Saturday!
Please note that entry is FREE, dogs are NOT permitted, and the Edmonton Food Bank will be on site collecting both food and monetary donations!
The Motor Photo Truck will also be out front for all your photography needs (including headshots!), and if you’re looking for something a little more whimsical, Simon Glassman will be there doing caricatures! We’ll have a new DJ there too, @TrystanFung!
Here are some notes to keep in mind as well as a PDF sitemap and menu to make planning your picnic in the outfield a bit easier.
Download the PDF menu here!
Continue reading “August 20, 2016 Edmonton Ballpark Final Details”
We’ll be batting 1000 on August 20th, and we hope you will be too! RSVP on Facebook here to ensure you’re the first to know about the final details post before the event.
As always, our events are FREE to enter! Unfortunately, you must leave your four-legged furry friends at home.
Please bring a glove and ball for a rousing game of catch, but leave the baseball games to the Prospects (please do not bring baseball bats).
Continue reading “August 20, 2016 What the Truck?! at Edmonton Ballpark – Menus”
We’re excited to have another Trucks in the Outfield event this year! Join us on Saturday, August 20 from 4-8pm the Edmonton Ballpark. Don’t forget to RSVP on Facebook here.
We had a great time at the ballpark last year! Picnicking in the outfield on a beautiful day can’t be beat. And, like all of our other events, it is FREE to attend (you just purchase from the trucks directly), and parking is FREE too!
Unfortunately, dogs are not permitted at the field.
So make sure to bring a blanket, a ball, and a glove, because we’re going to have a great time in the outfield! You may even stumble upon some Pokemon on the way!
Which trucks will be surely hitting home runs this year? Here’s the lineup:
We’re so excited to welcome Go Nuts 4 Donuts, Kabao Bun Truck, Jack’s Mobile Burger Shack, Mr. Chimi Churri, Preserve Food Truck, and The Sizzling Stick to their first What the Truck?! event!
Stay tuned for our truck menus post early next week and be sure to check out the event on Facebook!
The rain didn’t stop us from having another great event at What the truck?! Park After Dark, thank you to everyone who came out to enjoy the food and fun with us.
This year marked the last season of horse racing at Northlands and What the Truck?! was there for a final farewell to Park After Dark for a Friday night on the patio right next to the racetrack!
From 5-10 pm, hundreds of Edmontonians stopped by the event to enjoy exciting races and tasty eats from 11 food trucks. There was something for everyone from the Buttered Chicken at Spice Rickshaw to BBQ Ribs at Sculpt Foods and lets not forget the S’mores Cake at Molly’s Eats! But it was Stuffed Gourmet Sausage Company with a delicous selection of gourmet sausages made with all Alberta sourced ingredients and Rapscallions‘ fantastic green onion tacos that appeared to have been the fan favorites!
We welcomed back Edmonton’s Food Bank to our event (they’ll be at every What the Truck?! event this season) and we raised approximately 20 kilograms of food and $360 for the Food Bank. Way to go Edmonton!
As always, we could not run these events without our tireless volunteers who help us keep the event site clean.
A big thank you to Infinite Eye Photography, one of our season sponsors, there helping us document the season and to our other sponsors – GFL Environmental Waste Management, Hendrix Restaurant Equipment and Supplies, and Eberhardt Foods.
Last, but definitely not least – a LARGE thank you goes to our major sponsor – Northlands Park helping make yet another successful event happen at Northlands!
We hope to see you out at our next What the Truck?! event Saturday August 20, 2016 at the Edmonton Ball Park (formerly known as Telus Field) more details to come!
Join us for a final farewell to Park After Dark, where we’ll be set up next to the racetrack for a night at the races. This year marks the last season of horse racing at Northlands, so be sure to get your fill this Friday July 8. Like all of our other events, it is FREE to attend (you just purchase from the trucks directly), and parking is FREE too!
What: What the Truck?!
Where: Northlands Park (7410 Borden Park Road NW, Edmonton, AB)
When: Friday July 8, 2016
RSVP on Facebook here
Download the Menu PDF Here!
Download the Site Map PDF Here!
Continue reading “July 8, 2016 What the Truck?! at Park after Dark Final Details”
We’re off to the races! Join us on Friday, July 8 from 5-10pm at Park After Dark at Northlands Park Horse Racing & Casino, we’ve added a few more trucks to the lineup! Don’t forget to RSVP on Facebook here.
We had a blast at Park After Dark last year! With a huge outdoor patio, plenty of seating, and a family-friendly beer garden, it was a no-brainer for us to come back for one last hurrah before the Horses finish up at Northlands this year. Like all of our other events, it is FREE to attend (you just purchase from the trucks directly), and parking is FREE too!
Here are the menus for the event (menu items & prices subject to change):
- Duck Fat Garlic Fries – House cut local potatoes, farm garlic, mixed herbs and Bernie sauce – $5.00
- Brisket on a Bun – House smoked brisket, red cabbage slaw, white BBQ sauce – $9.00
- Combo – Includes Brisket on a Bun, Duck Fat Garlic Fries & Beverage – $14.00
- Aussie works burger – Organic beef patty, bacon, egg, grilled onions, Lettuce, tomato, pineapple, sliced beets and mayo on a home made bun – $10.00
- Chook burger – Breaded chicken patty, mayo, lettuce, tomato and grilled onions on a home made bun – $8.00
- Wombats lunch – Organic slow roasted pork on a bed of aussie fried potatoes topped with in house made gravy and green onions – $8.00
- Kondalilla – Portobello mushroom marinated in a chilli lime reduction Mozzarella cheese Grilled onions Lettuce Tomato and mayo on a home made bun – $8.00
- Redback chilli – Organic beef chilli over a bed of aussie fried potatoes topped with shredded cheese sour cream and green onions – $5.00
- All-Natural Gourmet Popsicles – Chocolate Sea Salt, Mango Pineapple, Strawberry lemonade, Watermelon Cooler, Avocado Coconut Lime. Our popsicles are vegetarian, free of tree nuts, gluten and food colors. – $3.00
- 2 popsicles for $5 – Chocolate Sea Salt, Mango Pineapple, Strawberry lemonade, Watermelon Cooler, Avocado Coconut Lime. Our popsicles are vegetarian, free of tree nuts, gluten and food colors. – $5.00
- tostada – crispy corn tortilla topped with refried beans, lettuce, mexican salsa, feta cheese, sour cream and avocado – $5.00
- barbacoa taco – sirloin butt marinated in dried chiles and other Mexican spices then wrapped in banana leaves and slowly braised until it falls apart. Served with onion, cilantro and lime wedge. – $5.00
- gringa – two 10″ wheat flour tortillas grilled with melted cheese, served with al pastor pork, onion, cilantro, pineapple and lime wedge – $10.00
- flautas pollo – corn tortillas stuffed with chicken then rolled and fried. served on a bed of lettuce then topped with feta cheese, sour cream, cilantro and mexican salsa – $8.00
- Fish taco – warm corn tortilla served with lettuce, breaded haddock, chipotle mayo, mexican salsa, vinaigrette, purple cabbage, cilantro, valentina sauce and a lime wedge – $5.00
- Jarritos assorted flavours – $3 Canned pop and water – $2
- Prosciutto & Arugula Flatbread Sandwich – prosciutto, lemon arugula, roasted red peppers, balsamic reduction, bianca sauce (olive oil, garlic, oregano) – $9.00
- Fried Calamari Sandwich – garlic & lemon calamari, housemade tartar sauce, iceburg lettuce – $9.00
- Pork Belly Sandwich – pork belly, basil mint pesto (nut free), fennel slaw – $10.00
- Mini Desserts ($4 each) – Banana chocolate hazelnut cheesecake Lemon Coconut Tiramisu’ Pistachio Panna Cotta (Gluten free) – $4.00
- Granita, Iced Latte’s – Granita (Italian slush): Mojito (raspberry, mint & lime) $5 each Assorted Iced Latte’s $5 each – $5.00
- Tropical Sorbet – mango, pineapple, peaches & strawberries $5 each (Gluten free, dairy free, nut free) – $5.00
- Assorted homemade Italian Soda’s $2.50 medium, $3 large
- Black Forest Cake – German: Schwarzwalk Kirschtorte Chocolate cake layered with cherry & kirsch filled whipped cream frosting, covered with whipped cream & chocolate shavings. – $5.00
- Honey Cake – Russian: Medovik Layers of honey cake filled & covered with sour cream frosting. – $5.00
- Thousand Layer Cake – S.E. Asia: Kuih Lapis Legit; Dutch: Spekkoek This multi-layered Dutch sponge cake was introduced to S.E. Asia during colonial times. Additional spices have been added to the S.E. Asian version. It quickly become a popular cake made for Chinese New Years. It is now sold year round in specialty bake shops from S.E. Asia to China. – $5.00
- Pandan Chiffon w/Gula Melaka Mascarpone – S.E. Asia. A common flavour added to baking & desserts in S.E. Asia, pandan is a large leaf that tastes similar to coconut. Chlorophyll from the leaves gives baking & other desserts a distinct green colour. Our pandan chiffon version is covered with a Gula Melaka Mascarpone Frosting. Gula Melaka is a natural hard sugar commonly used in S.E. Asia. – $5.00
- S’mores Cake – Canadian/American origins. Our S’mores layered cake version has a layer of chocolate cake, Kinnikinnick S’moreables Graham crust cream layer & a toasted marshmallow layer. #gluten free – $5.00
- Hot Beverages: Americano Cortado Latte, vanilla latte Mochaccino Hot Chocolate Cold Beverages: Purple Cow Float Oreo Float Vietnamese Iced Coffee Lemonade Orangina Mango Juice Pop Water
- Thai Chicken GOC – Thailand style chicken served with in-house Thai peanut sauce, cucumbers, and lettuce. Finished with sesame seeds – $7.00
- Korean Shredded Beef GOC – Korean style beef short rib cooked bone-in. Beef is shredded and drenched in original braising sauce. Served with kimchi and sesame seeds. – $7.00
- Roasted Pork Belly GOC – Chinese style roasted pork belly. Tender meat and crispy pork crackling served with sweet chilli sauce, lettuce, and pickled carrots and daikon – $7.00
- Original Green Onion Cake – Perfect for dipping, served with your choice of sauce. – $3.00
- Grilled Ham & Cheese GOC – Melted cheddar cheese in a Green Onion Cake. Served with a slice of ham. – $5.00
- Schnitzel Burger – Crispy fried Schnitzel on a bun with lettuce, cheese and homemade ranch sauce served with fries – $10.00
- BBQ Ribs – BBQ Ribs served with fries and coleslaw. GF – $12.00
- Glazed Salmon – Glazed salmon served with Summer Salad GF – $13.00
- Summer Salad – Organic lettuce, blueberries, goat cheese, crispy prosciutto, candied pecans with a balsamic dressing. GF – $6.00
- Banana Cream Pie – Banana Cream pie GF – $5.00
- Butter Chicken – served with Rice, salad and naan. (Can be made gf.) – $10.00
- Roasted Coconut Chicken – served with Rice, salad and naan. Dairy Free (Can be made gf.) – $10.00
- Chana Masala – served with Rice, salad and naan. (Can be made Vegan and gf.) – $10.00
- Samosas – 2 samosas filled with potatoes, peas, ginger and spices. served with tamarind chutney and love. 🙂 – $6.00
- Indian Nachos (Chaat Papdi) – thin wafers, topped with chickpeas, onions, tamarind chutney, and yogurt. – $5.00
- Iced Chai/ Hot Chai (weather dependent) $4 Water $2 Pop $2
- Ultimate Burger – Homemade 1/4lb seasoned patty topped with lettuce, tomato, chipotle sauce, bacon, cheese and a potato patty. – $10.00
- Lobster Stuffed Grilled Cheese – Lobster Stuffed into and oooeee goooeeee grilled cheese – $10.00
- 1/2 Lobster Stuffed Grilled Cheese – 1/2 Lobster Stuffed into and oooeee goooeeee grilled cheese – $6.00
- Fish Slider – Crispy Battered Cod on a bakery fresh bun with cheese, cole slaw and homemade tartar sauce. – $5.25
- Pulled Pork Slider – BBQ Pulled Pork on a bakery fresh bun topped with cole slaw, and cheese. – $5.00
- Pork & Apple Sausage – House Made Pork & Apple Sausage made with no additives and all Alberta sourced ingredients. Choice of sausage in a stadium bun or as a corn dog with choice of a variety of house made sauces – $8.00
- Texas Hot Sausage – House Made spicy Beef Sausage made with no additives and all Alberta sourced ingredients. Choice of sausage in a stadium bun or as a corn dog with choice of a variety of house made sauces – $8.00
- Lamb Sausage – House Made Lamb Sausage made with no additives and all Alberta sourced ingredients. Choice of sausage in a stadium bun or as a corn dog with choice of a variety of house made sauces – $8.00
- Donair Sausage – House Made Beef Donair Sausage made with no additives and all Alberta sourced ingredients. Choice of sausage in a stadium bun or as a corn dog with choice of a variety of house made sauces – $8.00
- House made hand cut chips – hand cut chips offering Jalapeno Salt or All Dressed – $5.00
- Rootbeer-braised Beef – Slow cooked beef served on our fresh baked ciabatta with lettuce, daikon, and horseradish mayo. Comes with salad and choice of beverage – $12.50
- Chinese BBQ Pork – Oven-roasted Irving’s pork shoulder served with jicama, Sweet & Sour, lettuce, and Sriracha on our fresh baked ciabatta. Comes with a salad and choice of beverage – $12.50
- Chickpea Masala – Curried chickpeas served on our fresh baked ciabatta with Sriracha cream cheese, fresh pear, fresh cilantro, lettuce, and crunchy chickpeas. Comes with salad and choice of beverage. – $12.50
- “Kardashian” brownie – Frozen, gluten free double chocolate brownie. It’s rich, dark, and dense. – $2.50
- Salad/brownie combo – Enjoy our salad and a brownie for $5! – $5.00
- Gluten free options available, please let us know if you have any food allergies.
- Plain Waffles – Plain Waffles: Belgium Waffles with a choice of one hot fruit topping and whipped cream. With each order you will receive your own personal 43 ml bottle of syrup from Acadian Maple Products, direct from Nova Scotia. – $8.00
- Waffle Burger – Waffle Burger: A savoury waffle with Canadian bacon, cheddar cheese and onions in the batter. The lean ground beef patty is cooked to perfection, by being smoked with Maple wood chips in a Traeger Smoker. Topped with the your choice to add the ketchup, mustard, hot sauce, bbq sauce, pickles and relish. – $7.00
- Canadian Bacon Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich – Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich: Is a delectable waffle with Canadian bacon in the batter. The Chapman’s vanilla ice cream is sandwiched in between the waffles with a delectable caramel sauce, with caramel and sprinkles on the top. – $5.00
- Chocolate Waffles on a Stick – Chocolate Waffle on a Stick: Going back to carnival food with this sweet chocolate waffle. You will get two of these waffles on a stick drizzled with caramel sauce, finished with sprinkles. – $5.00
- My truck also serves water and pop.
See you next Friday!
A: FREE #yegfoodtruck FOOD!!
Join us for a final farewell to Park After Dark, where we’ll be set up next to the racetrack for a night at the races. This year marks the last season of horse racing at Northlands, so be sure to get your fill on July 8!
We are always looking for #yegfoodtruck lovin’ folks to help out at events. The #yegfoodtrucks donate dinner for ALL volunteers to enjoy, as their thanks for the support.
email: email@example.com to secure your spot
We’re off to the races! Join us on Friday, July 8 from 5-10pm at Park After Dark at Northlands Park Horse Racing & Casino. Don’t forget to RSVP on Facebook here.We had a blast at Park After Dark last year! With a huge outdoor patio, plenty of seating, and a family-friendly beer garden, it was a no-brainer for us to come back for one last hurrah before the Horses finish up at Northlands this year. Like all of our other events, it is FREE to attend (you just purchase from the trucks directly), and parking is FREE too!
And who might be coming to feed us? Here’s the lineup:
We’re excited to welcome two new trucks into the WTT family, and hope that you give Aussie Tucker a warm welcome too!
Stay tuned for our truck menus post early next week and be sure to check out the event on Facebook!
Our second event of the season took place on Saturday, June 18 at Blatchford Tower and once again we were greeted by warm, sunny, beautiful weather!
From 4-8pm, hundreds of Edmontonians stopped by the event to enjoy tasty eats from 10 food trucks as well to learn more about Blatchford, a new neighbourhood being developed by the City of Edmonton on the former City Centre Airport lands. It might not look like much now, but in a few years the area will be completely transformed into a vibrant, mixed-used urban community.
Continue reading “Recap: June 18, 2016 at Blatchford Tower”