And that’s a wrap!
Thank you to those who made it out to Churchill Square for our final event of the season! Everyone seemed to enjoy the nice, mild fall weather and many also took advantage of Free Admission Day.
Continue reading “Recap: September 25 What the Truck?! at Churchill Square”
Goodbye summer, hello fall! Tomorrow is the final wrap-up event for our 2016 food truck season at Churchill Square. If you haven’t already, head over to our Facebook event and RSVP.
A few things to keep in mind when you’re heading to Churchill Square:
- The Edmonton Food Bank will be on site collecting both food and monetary donations.
- Dogs ARE permitted on the square. Please keep all dogs on a leash.
- Motor Photo Truck will at the Square offering quick photography sessions, including headshots.
- It’s been a brisk few days so please dress appropriately for the weather. The show must go on in rain or shine!
Here is a PDF with the sitemap:
Download the PDF menu here!
Continue reading “September 25, 2016 What the Truck?! at Churchill Square Final Details”
It seems like fall has already arrived but that’s not stopping us for being excited for the last big event of the year! We’re featuring 25 trucks that will satisfy your taste buds and hopefully warm you up on a brisk Sunday afternoon.
Warning: Do not read this post on an empty stomach! With our final What the Truck?! of 2016 just over a week away, here are the menus:
Attila The HUNgry
- #DuckTots – Crispy tater tots layered with Hoisen aioli, and lime Sriracha, Thai braised duck leg shredded on top, finished with herbs and peanuts. $12.00
- Nice Thai Meat You – Coconut cilantro pulled pork, lemongrass lemonade pickles, cabbage carrot slaw with Thai herb aioli and sweet chilli heat Doritos on brioche. $10.00
- Crack Chicken Sliders – Beer citrus and chilli bribes chicken thigh, bean sprout Asian pear slaw, crack chicken sauce (3 chilli and honey aioli). $5.00
- Chocolate Hazelnut or Maple Beavertail – Whole wheat dough hand stretched and lightly surface fried and topped with our trademark chocolate hazelnut or maple spread. $6.30
- Deluxe Beavertail Options –
Whole wheat dough hand stretched and lightly surface fried with various toppings. Options include: Oreo, Triple Trip, Avalanche, Banana Chocolate, and Apple Cinnamon. $6.43
- BeaverDog – 100% all beef Nathan’s hot dog wrapped in our trademark Beavertail dough then fried to golden perfection! Served with ketchup and/or mustard. $5.48
- Poutine – Our delicious fries topped with our signature authentic cheese curds and covered in our trademark gravy. So good! $7.75
- Cinnamon Sugar Beavertail Pastry – Whole wheat dough hand stretched and lightly surface fried and topped with our trademark cinnamon and sugar blend. So good! So classic! $5.00
- Quesadillas Doradas – Corn tortillas stuffed with potato and feta cheese, then folded and fried. Served on a bed of lettuce topped with sour cream and more feta cheese and salsa Mexicana. 3 per order. $8.00
- Taco Pollo – Barbecued chicken with ancho and pasilla dried chiles served with onions, cilantro and lime. $5.00
- Papas con chorizo taco – Homemade chorizo and potato tacos. $5.00
- Churros – Crunchy, chewy, cinnamony Mexican dessert. 2 per order. $3.00
- Suadero Taco – Braised brisket taco served with onion, cilantro and lime. $5.00
- Elk Burger – Grass fed elk from the Millet area, tomato, lettuce, caramelized onion and Saskatoon berries with a splash of Dijon aioli served on brioche bun. $13.50
- Alpaca Burger – Grass fed alpaca from Beaumont, tomato, lettuce and a spicy tomatillo relish with chipotle aioli on a brioche bun. $11.00
- Kangaroo Burger – Ground kangaroo meat, lettuce, apple and beet root chutney, tomato, lettuce with a homemade horseradish mayo served on brioche bun with fries. $13.00
- Arancini – Mushroom risotto balls (6) served over tomato basil sauce, garnished with a truffle aioli and drizzled with a red wine balsamic. $9.50 or 3 for $5.00
Da Vinci Gelato
- Various flavours of gelato. $4.00
- Various flavours of vegan sorbetto.
- Pistachio Gelato Cup/Cone – An extraordinary high-quality gelato. This specific gelato is made with the finest pistachio paste we can find, and has one of the most intense flavours we’ve ever created. $5.00
- Chicken shawarma wrap with french fries – Sliced chicken breasts marinated in house spices and grilled to perfection. Wrapped in a pita with lettuce, pickles and homemade garlic sauce. $11.00
- Beef Shawarma wrap with french fries – Fresh AAA beef marinated and house seasoned. Wrapped in a pita with lettuce, onions, pickles, tomatoes, and topped with our homemade tahini sauce. $11.00
- Shawarma Salad – Lettuce, onions, tomatoes, pickles topped with our chicken shawarma and a side of garlic sauce. (gluten free) $11.00
- Falafel wrap wrap with french fries – Chickpeas blended with onions, garlic and fine herb spices. Wrapped in a pita with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, sumac seasoning and our homemade tahini sauce. (vegetarian) $11.00
- Stuffed vine leaves – Grape leaves stuffed with rice, mixed vegetables and tomato cooked in olive oil. $5.00
- Butter Chicken – Tender boneless chicken cooked in a rich, fragrant and creamy tomato based sauce complimented with onion, garlic, and mild indian spices. Finished with cilantro and served with rice. $10.00
- Saffron Mango Chicken Curry – Cubed boneless chicken served in a sweet mango curry. Just as delicious as it sounds! Topped with cilantro and served with rice. $9.00
- Coconut Chicken Curry – Curried boneless chicken cubes simmered in coconut milk, tomato puree, and mild indian spices. Topped with shredded coconut, cashews, and cilantro. Served with rice. $9.00
- Chana Masala – Chickpeas served in a fragrant onion-tomato reduction with mild indian spices. Garnished with green onions and crispy onions. Served with rice. $8.00
- Vegetarian Samosas (2) – Golden and crispy triangular pastry stuffed with peas, potato, and mild indian spices. Served with a sweet tamarind chutney to dip! $5.00
- Death by Donut – Fresh mini donuts drizzled with chocolate and caramel sauce, topped with real whip cream, and then sprinkled with Skor bits. $8.00
- Maple Bacon – Fresh mini donuts drizzled with warm maple syrup and real bacon bits, sprinkled with icing sugar and topped with real whip cream. $8.00
- Strawberry Shortcake – Fresh mini donuts with strawberry topping, sprinkled with icing sugar, and topped with real whip cream. $8.00
- Sugared Mini Donuts – Your choice of regular mini donuts! (cinnamon sugar, icing sugar, white sugar, or plain). $6.00
- Apple delight – Fresh cinnamon sugar mini donuts with apple topping, drizzled with caramel sauce, and topped with real whip cream! $5.00
- ILOCANO Miki – A noodle dish native of the Northern Philippines. Rich chicken soup stock with a hint of pepper and nutmeg flavor. Fresh noodles with real chicken meat, veggies and egg. A perfect comfort food for a chilly day. $10.00
- Sisig Tacos – Grilled diced pork in 2 soft taco shells. Garnished with red snd green cabbage, som tomatoes, chicharon and our signature Jeepney aoili. $8.00
- Sisig Fries – Diced grilled pork topped on a crispy fries with our signature aoili. Bursting with flavours. This is our version of poutine. $8.00
- Isaw – Most famous Filipino street food. Exotic menu item. $3.00
- Ice scrumble – The most famous Filipino Street beverage. Milky-Banana flavored shaved ice with powdered milk, chocolate syrup, marshmallows and sweet candies on top. $5.00
- Taho sweet soft tofu
- Kwek kwek – deep fried quail eggs
- Fish Taco – Hand Beer battered BC True Cod from Effing Seafood on a large corn tortilla, guacamole, chipotle crema, tomatillo salsa verde and fresh cilantro. $5.00
- Tortilla Soup – Zesty broth, seasoned chicken, avocado, tortilla strips, cheese and lime infused crema, fresh cilantro. $6.00
- Machaca Beef Tacos – Our signature Machaca Beef on two corn taquera, onion and cilantro with handcut salsa fresca. $7.00
- Steffi’s Cheesecake – Unbaked cheesecake with fresh fruit compote toppings. Always amazing. $3.00
- Ice Cream Coffee Float – A blend of rich cafe latte ice cream with a bold coffee- Iced of course! $6.00
- 13 Flavours: All Canadian Moose, Bubble Gum, Butter Pecan, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Coconut, Cookies and Cream, French Vanilla, Mint, Chocolate Chip, Strawberry, Passionfruit Sorbet, Pistachio, Rootbeer Float, Tiger. $4.50
- Toppings available: Rich Strawberry Sauce, Salted Caramel Sauce, Dark Chocolate Sauce
- True Vanilla – French Vanilla ice cream, with a dash of Vancouver sea salt and extra virgin olive oil. $5.00
- Vallarta shrimp tostadas – Fried corn tortilla, medium size cooked shrimp, pico de gallo, olive oil, avocado, dried chile threads, red cabbage and our signature creamy sauce Chimichile. (gluten free) $7.50
- Land and Sea taco – Grilled marinated sirloin chunks, topped with olive-garlic infused and grilled prawn in soft corn tortilla, pico de gallo and dried chile threads as garnish, optional green or habanero sauce on the side. (Order of 2 tacos) $11.00
- Fish taco – Beer batter – deep fried rock fish in soft corn tortilla, with red and green cabbage, pico de gallo, and Chimichile sauce. (Order of 2 tacos) $11.00
- Chicken Itzá taco – Shredded chicken cooked with Axiote (Mayan paste of annatto seeds, dried chiles, spices, oragane, garlic) oregano, and our own pickled red onions as garnish in soft corn tortilla. Gluten free. With green or habanero sauce on the side (optional) $10.00
- The garnish taco – Grilled curds, red and green cabbage, pico de gallo, Chimichile and slices of avocado in hot-soft corn tortilla. Vegetarian option. $5.00
- Traditional Poutine – Hand-cut fries topped with Quebec cheese curds and gravy. **This item is gluten-free and vegetarian. ** Vegan cheese available. $7.00
- Mac & Cheese Poutine – Traditional Poutine topped with creamy mac & cheese and green onions. $9.00
- Supreme Poutine – Traditional Poutine topped with bacon, sour cream and green onions. $9.00
- Quebecoise Poutine – Traditional Poutine topped with shaved Montreal smoked meat. $9.00
- Mini Poutine – A Petite version of our Traditional Poutine! $5.00
Meat Street Pies
- Cornish Pasty – Ground beef with peas, carrots, potatoes, onions and swede in made-from-scratch awesome pie pastry. $8.00
- Jamaican Patty – Ground beef with onions, scotch bonnet peppers, wrapped in puff pastry. Spice on a scale from 1-10 = 6! $7.00
- Steak & Cheese Pub Pie – Ground steak, potatoes, onions, 2yr old Balderson cheese, in pie pastry, topped with puff pastry. $9.00
- Chicken Pot Pie – Chunks of chicken, peas, carrots, corn, potatoes, onions in pie pastry topped with puff pastry. $8.00
- Sausage rolls – Home made pork sausage wrapped in home made puff pastry. $5.00
Moose on the Run
- Slow Roasted BBQ Pulled Pork on a Bun – Slow Roasted BBQ Pulled Pork piled high on a bun and topped with Ranch Coleslaw. $8.00
- Peanut Butter Bacon Burger Slider – House made grilled burger topped with creamy peanut butter and crispy bacon on a slider bun. $6.00
- Teriyaki Burger Slider – House made grilled burger topped with Teriyaki sauce and a ring of pineapple. $6.00
- Sweet Chili Chicken Wings – Six Fresh Chicken wings cooked to perfection and tossed in Sweet Chilli Sauce. $5.00
- Various Cold Drinks. $2.00
Mr. Chimi Churri
- Ball Park Grilled Cheese – Seared hot dog, relish, Cheddar Cheese and smoked bacon on crisp grilled panini bread. $9.00
- Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese – Tender pulled pork, homemade BBQ sauce, creamy Dijon dill slaw, Havarti and Cheddar Cheese on crisp grilled panini bread. $11.00
- Donair Grilled Cheese – Athena Donair meat, Cheddar Cheese, tomatoes, white onion and sweet sauce on crisp grilled panini bread. $10.00
- Turkey Bacon Basil Pesto Grilled Cheese – Fresh Turkey, smoked bacon, Swiss Cheese, fresh tomato and Basil Pesto on crisp grilled panini bread. $11.00
- Taco Perogies – Small little potato and cheese pillows topped with taco meat, cheese, sour cream, salsa & green onions. $5.00
- Drinks $2.00
- All served with a pickle and potato salad.
- Sweet Curry Chicken with naan – Tender pieces of chicken breast tossed in our signature sweet curry sauce served with naan. $10.00
- Gnocchi with Rose Sauce – Potato dumpling pasta served with rose sauce (tomato cream) topped with parmigiana cheese. $10.00
- Assorted Cake Slices $5.00
- Wine Bites $5.00
- Beverages $2.00
- Thai Chicken Green Onion Cake Taco – Thailand style chicken with a house made thai peanut sauce, cucumber and lettuce. Finished with roasted sesame seeds and crushed peanuts. $7.00
- Roasted Pork Belly Green Onion Cake Taco – Chinese style roasted pork belly. Tender meat and crispy pork crackling served with a sweet chilli sauce, lettuce, cilantro, pickled carrots, and pickled daikon. $7.00
- Shredded Beef Green Onion Cake Taco – Korean style beef short rib slow cooked with bone-in for that extra flavour. Beef is shredded and drenched in the sauce it was braised in. Finished with kimchi and roasted sesame seeds. $7.00
- Roasted Duck Green Onion Cake Taco – Chinese roasted BBQ duck served with cucumbers, green onions, and hoisin sauce. $9.00
- Ginger Beef tray – Breaded beef drenched in ginger sauce served with shredded carrots. $5.00
- BLT Wrap – Coconut bacon, garlic mayo, lettuce, tomato, carrot in a warm flour tortilla. $8.00 Add Gluten Free wrap: $1
- No Meatball – House made mushroom risotto balls, marinara, arugula, vegan parmesan on a torpedo roll. $9.00
- The Irish – Fries, curry sauce, garlic mayo, vegan cheddar, cabbage, carrot, green onion. Puts poutine to shame. $6.00
- Hand cut fries. $4.00
- Curry fries. $5.00
- Satay Combo Meal, $12.00
– 2 satay sticks (choice of pork, chicken, beef)
– peanut sauce
– large coconut rice
- Satay Sampler, $10.00
– 3 satay sticks (choice of pork, chicken, beef)
– peanut sauce
- Veggie Asian Quinoa Salad – A hearty (and hardy) salad of fresh mixed veggies, quinoa and chickpeas with a delicious Asian dressing. $4.00
- Asian Slaw – A delicious broccoli salad with bursts of corn in a creamy sesame dressing. $4.00
- The Sizzling Stick Snack, $5.00
– 1 satay stick (choice of pork, chicken, beef)
– peanut sauce
– small coconut rice
- Pulled Pork Sandwich – Smoked Pulled Pork topped with smoked onions, house made coleslaw and Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce on a Brioche Bun. $8.00
- Beef Brisket Sandwich – Smoked Beef Brisket topped with smoked onions, house made coleslaw and Terry’s original BBQ Sauce on a Brioche Bun. $8.00
- Andouille Sausage Corndog – In house made Andouille Sausage corndog topped with Caroline Mustard BBQ Sauce. $8.00
- Bacon Bomb Sandwich – Mild Italian Spiced ground pork stuffed with pickled jalapenos, cheese, bacon and BBQ sauce rolled in a blanket of bacon smoked for 4 hours sliced and served on a brioche bun with house made coleslaw, smoked onions and Terry’s original BBQ Sauce. $8.00
- Cajun Caulifower – Cauliflower with a chickpea batter deep fried and topped with house made chipotle mayo sauce. GF. $5.00
- Drinks $2.00
- Butter Chicken Rice bowl – Chicken simmered in a creamy- tomatoey sauce on top of rice and with salad. $10.00
- Chana Masala Rice bowl – Chickpeas simmered in a caramalized onion and tomato sauce on top of rice and with salad. $10.00
- Roasted coconut chicken rice bowl – Chunks of chicken simmered in a roasted coconut and tomato sauce on top of rice and with salad. $10.00
- Vegetable curry Rice bowl – fresh grilled vegetables in a coconut sauce on top of rice and with salad. $10.00
- Chaat Papdi/ Indian Nachos – Thin hand cut wafers topped with chickpeas, yoghurt and chutney. $5.00
The New Deli
- Turkey and Swiss Panini – Turkey, swiss, pesto mayo, spinach, tomato, red onion, pressed on a Portuguese bun. $6.95
- Veggie panini – Pesto mayo, swiss, artichokes, spinach, tomato, red onion, pressed on a Portuguese bun. $6.95
- The Spicy Mother – Hot Capiccolo, provolone, garlic aoli, habanero onion jam, banana peppers, pressed on a Portuguese bun. $6.95
- The Italian – Genoa salami, provolone, garlic aoli, spinach, red onion, artichoke hearts, pressed on a Portuguese bun. $6.95
- Creamy Dill Pickle soup – Our signature soup, thick and hearty with just enough tangy dill flavour, served with a small bun. $5.00
- Tomato parsley salad with cucumbers and feta $4
- House made Hibiscus soda $3
- Canned pop and bottled water $2
- Plain Waffles – Belgium Waffles with a choice of one hot fruit topping and whipped cream. With each order you will receive your own personal 43 ml bottle of syrup from Acadian Maple Products, direct from Nova Scotia. $8.00
- Waffle Burger – A savoury waffle with Canadian bacon, cheddar cheese and onions in the batter. The lean ground beef patty is cooked to perfection, by being smoked with Maple wood chips in a Traeger Smoker. Topped with the pickle, you then have your choice to add the ketchup, mustard, hot sauce, pickles, bbq sauce and relish. $7.00
- Canadian Bacon Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich – Is a delectable waffle with Canadian bacon in the batter. The vanilla ice cream is sandwiched in between the waffles with a delectable caramel sauce, with caramel and sprinkles on the top. $5.00
- Chocolate Waffles on a Stick – Going back to carnival food with this sweet chocolate waffle. You will get two of these waffles on a stick drizzled with caramel sauce, finished with sprinkles. 2 per order. $5.00
- Pop & water
Please note menus are subject to change. Don’t forget to RSVP on Facebook and keep checking our social media for any updates/changes!
It’s hard to believe that our final event of 2016 is only just weeks away! Where did the summer go?
Join us at Churchill Square on Sunday, September 25 from 2 to 7 pm for our last What the Truck?! of the season. This also marks the last event at Churchill Square before its revitalization for the new LRT line. We’ll be featuring 25 trucks, rain or shine, for the final wrap-up event.
In no particular order, here’s the line-up of trucks we’ll be featuring:
Don’t forget to keep checking out Facebook event for updates and RSVP!
We were more than stoked to borrow the Edmonton Prospects’ home turf to hold another Trucks in the Outfield event at the Edmonton Ballpark on Saturday!
Continue reading “Recap: What the Truck?! at Edmonton Ballpark August 20, 2016”
We’re just days away from our second event at the Edmonton Ballpark, and we could not be more excited to step up to the plate with you on Saturday!
Please note that entry is FREE, dogs are NOT permitted, and the Edmonton Food Bank will be on site collecting both food and monetary donations!
The Motor Photo Truck will also be out front for all your photography needs (including headshots!), and if you’re looking for something a little more whimsical, Simon Glassman will be there doing caricatures! We’ll have a new DJ there too, @TrystanFung!
Here are some notes to keep in mind as well as a PDF sitemap and menu to make planning your picnic in the outfield a bit easier.
Download the PDF menu here!
Continue reading “August 20, 2016 Edmonton Ballpark Final Details”
We’ll be batting 1000 on August 20th, and we hope you will be too! RSVP on Facebook here to ensure you’re the first to know about the final details post before the event.
As always, our events are FREE to enter! Unfortunately, you must leave your four-legged furry friends at home.
Please bring a glove and ball for a rousing game of catch, but leave the baseball games to the Prospects (please do not bring baseball bats).
Continue reading “August 20, 2016 What the Truck?! at Edmonton Ballpark – Menus”
We’re excited to have another Trucks in the Outfield event this year! Join us on Saturday, August 20 from 4-8pm the Edmonton Ballpark. Don’t forget to RSVP on Facebook here.
We had a great time at the ballpark last year! Picnicking in the outfield on a beautiful day can’t be beat. And, like all of our other events, it is FREE to attend (you just purchase from the trucks directly), and parking is FREE too!
Unfortunately, dogs are not permitted at the field.
So make sure to bring a blanket, a ball, and a glove, because we’re going to have a great time in the outfield! You may even stumble upon some Pokemon on the way!
Which trucks will be surely hitting home runs this year? Here’s the lineup:
We’re so excited to welcome Go Nuts 4 Donuts, Kabao Bun Truck, Jack’s Mobile Burger Shack, Mr. Chimi Churri, Preserve Food Truck, and The Sizzling Stick to their first What the Truck?! event!
Stay tuned for our truck menus post early next week and be sure to check out the event on Facebook!
The rain didn’t stop us from having another great event at What the truck?! Park After Dark, thank you to everyone who came out to enjoy the food and fun with us.
This year marked the last season of horse racing at Northlands and What the Truck?! was there for a final farewell to Park After Dark for a Friday night on the patio right next to the racetrack!
From 5-10 pm, hundreds of Edmontonians stopped by the event to enjoy exciting races and tasty eats from 11 food trucks. There was something for everyone from the Buttered Chicken at Spice Rickshaw to BBQ Ribs at Sculpt Foods and lets not forget the S’mores Cake at Molly’s Eats! But it was Stuffed Gourmet Sausage Company with a delicous selection of gourmet sausages made with all Alberta sourced ingredients and Rapscallions‘ fantastic green onion tacos that appeared to have been the fan favorites!
We welcomed back Edmonton’s Food Bank to our event (they’ll be at every What the Truck?! event this season) and we raised approximately 20 kilograms of food and $360 for the Food Bank. Way to go Edmonton!
As always, we could not run these events without our tireless volunteers who help us keep the event site clean.
A big thank you to Infinite Eye Photography, one of our season sponsors, there helping us document the season and to our other sponsors – GFL Environmental Waste Management, Hendrix Restaurant Equipment and Supplies, and Eberhardt Foods.
Last, but definitely not least – a LARGE thank you goes to our major sponsor – Northlands Park helping make yet another successful event happen at Northlands!
We hope to see you out at our next What the Truck?! event Saturday August 20, 2016 at the Edmonton Ball Park (formerly known as Telus Field) more details to come!
Join us for a final farewell to Park After Dark, where we’ll be set up next to the racetrack for a night at the races. This year marks the last season of horse racing at Northlands, so be sure to get your fill this Friday July 8. Like all of our other events, it is FREE to attend (you just purchase from the trucks directly), and parking is FREE too!
What: What the Truck?!
Where: Northlands Park (7410 Borden Park Road NW, Edmonton, AB)
When: Friday July 8, 2016
RSVP on Facebook here
Download the Menu PDF Here!
Download the Site Map PDF Here!
Continue reading “July 8, 2016 What the Truck?! at Park after Dark Final Details”